Booking Terms & Conditions
Keep Walking Nepal Treks & Expeditions Pvt. Ltd, hereinafter called The Organization, is an incorporated company under the laws of Nepal Government and accepts reservations/bookings from clients under the following terms and conditions. Prospective clients are encouraged to read them carefully.
- Participants must be in good health and have physical fitness commensurate with stated trip difficulty levels. A physical examination for those to be involved in extended treks is highly recommended.
- It is a condition when booking a trip with The Organization that trekkers/travellers are protected by insurance that covers cancellation, accidents, health, emergency evacuation, loss of items, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects. All costs for emergency evacuation must be paid in cash in Nepal unless an insurance company has undertaken to pay the costs on your behalf. It is important that any insurance policy issued to cover emergency evacuation for a trek does not exclude alpinism or mountaineering. Rescue insurance is not available in Nepal.
- As a passenger, the client especially agrees that The Organization shall not be held responsible for any delays or changes in itineraries caused by any act, omission or other circumstances on the part of domestic airlines or helicopter companies in Nepal: trekkers/travellers must understand that such situations may occur and that The Organization will not be able to communicate with each possible problem.
- The Organization reserves the right to refuse to continue the carriage of any passenger causing inconvenience or annoyance to other trekkers/travellers or creating difficulties that would hamper the smooth running of a trip and accepts no liability for any loss or damage to baggage or personal possessions or any consequential losses resulting from such actions.
- If a trekker/traveller is injured or becomes ill, all evacuation and hospital expenses, doctor’s fees and repartition costs are the trekker’s/traveller’s responsibility, and The Organization shall not be liable for any refund of the tour fare.
- It is the trekker’s/traveller’s responsibility to have valid passports and all visas and equipment that may be required on the selected tour. The Organization does not accept responsibility for failure to obtain these visas for any reason and does not accept responsibility for any passports or documents left in its custody.
- Bookings of any tour will be confirmed subsequent to receipt of five hundred US Dollar (US$500) deposit and Final payment can be made upon your arrival in Kathmandu or any time before the trip commencement.
- The Organization reserves the right to cancel a booking if the balance is not paid by the required date unless previously arranged in writing.
- If the client cancels a booking the deposit will not be refunded, however, if notice of cancellation is received before the final payment is due, the deposit may be transferred to another tour of The Organization, for any future date.
- Clients who cancel bookings with The Organization subsequent to final payment will be subject to the percentage charges hereunder, based on the total tour price:
cancellation 6 weeks or more before departure – no charge but deposit non-refundable
- cancellation 4 weeks before departure – charge 25% of total paid
- cancellation 3 weeks before departure – charge 35% of total paid
- cancellation 2 weeks before departure – charge 55% of total paid
- cancellation 1 week before departure – charge 65% of total paid
- cancellation 3 days before departure – charge 85% of total paid
- cancellation less than 3 days before departure – deposit paid forfeited
Note: With cancellations 2 weeks or more before departures, deposit for the intended tour will on request be transferred to one commencing at a later date at no charge, except for costs which may attach to the total fee of the later tour.
- Should The Organization cancel a client’s trip the deposit and any other payments made will be refunded in full except when the cancellation is due to force majeure (war, civil or political unrest is usually known as force majeure). Any reasonable expenses the organization has necessarily incurred will be deducted from that refund. All refunds and compensation are strictly limited to the money paid to the organization and no liability is accepted for any personal expenses incurred as a result of this booking. Trips will not be cancelled after the final payment is due unless force majeure necessitates such action.
- The tour leader or local ground operator representing the organization on each trip has overriding authority, and by signing a booking form, clients indicate their understanding and agreement. If a client commits any illegal act during a trip with the organization, or if on the option of the tour leader or ground operator the client’s behaviour is detrimental to the safety and welfare of the group as a whole, the client may be asked to leave the tour without any right of refund.
- Any complaints with regard to trips run, the organization should be immediately brought to the attention of the tour leader, ground operators or hotelier so that action necessary to rectify the matter can be taken. If at the end of the trip a client feels a valid complaint was unresolved, notification in writing should be made to the organization within 141 days.
- Clients are responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents are in order.
- The responsibility of any airline used is limited to the carriage of passengers and baggage in accordance with the conditions of their carriage.
- The booking conditions may only be waived by a Director/Directors of the organization and in writing. These conditions are subject to and shall be construed according to Nepal Government law.
- On signing the booking form, clients show a willingness to accept the terms and conditions of the organization and, in accepting bookings from clients.
To join one of our adventures, please complete and sign this form together with the Warning/Release/Identity form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A non-refundable deposit of USD $500 must be received by Keep Walking Nepal to formalize the booking. This may be sent by:
- Bank transfer: Standard Chartered Bank, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Swift Code: SCBLNPKA
- Account number: 01-2467208-54
- Account holder: Keep Walking Nepal Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd
In completing and forwarding the booking form you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. No variation to these can be made and accepted except by a Director/Directors of Keep Walking Nepal Treks and Expeditions Pvt. Ltd.
Having received the forms and deposit, we will send you the trekker’s information documents, together with a form requesting passport, and flight details. Final payments can be made upon your arrival in Kathmandu or any time before the trip commencement.